1. One fine day - in early May, I did a funny trick -
Right outside in the middle of my lawn ...
I planted a lollypop stick -
2. And every day I pulled the weeds - and watered it carefully -
I had hope that it would grow - to be a lollypop tree!
CHORUS: Ho ho ho - you and me - oh what a joy to be
under the lollypop, lollypop, lollypop ...
lolly, lolly, lollypop tree!
3. My mommy smiled and hugged me tight and then she said to me -
"My dearest one - a paper stick can't grow into a tree!"
But every day, I pulled the weeds, and watered it carefully -
'Cause I had hope that it would grow to be a lollypop tree!
4. Then one day I went outside, and right before my eyes -
A strawberry bud .. and a grape one too ..
and a gumdrop leaf, besides!
And all summer long, I pulled the weeds and watered it carefully -
I had a lollypop everyday - from off my lollypop tree!
5. When autumn came, the leaves turned brown, and they began to fall!
My lollypop tree lost every leaf ... lollypop ... and all!
So .. I told my friends from blocks around
that they should come and see -
And help to eat all the lollypops from off my lollypop tree!
6. One sad evening, winter came - with icy wind to blow -
He didn't see my lollypop tree ... so he covered it up with snow.
And tho I searched and searched the yard -
and shoveled it carefully -
I never never found the place where I planted my lollypop tree!
7. But - come one day next early May - I'll do a funny trick!
Right outside in the middle of my lawn -
I'll plant another lollypop stick!
And every day I'll pull the weeds and water it carefully -
I'll have hope that it will grow to be a lollypop tree!